Home Automation and Smart Home Systems
Call us today to get your free no obligation security inspection scheduled and take advantage of our free security system and free installation!
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems
Home automation often referred to as “smart home technology”, is the use of technology to automate various aspects and features inside your home or even your business. With automation technology, you can control almost every aspect of your property through the ever-increasing functionality of a network known as the Internet of Things (IoT).
The concept of automation inside a home or business began with the invention of thermostats and has become one of the largest and fastest-growing technology markets in the world today. The potential for different forms of automation continues to grow. You can use it for security, device control, monitoring energy usage, as a personal assistant, for the care of the elderly or disabled, and much more.
A professionally installed security system protects your property in the event of a break-in or other serious emergency. However, if you go the extra mile to integrate smart technology, you can monitor various aspects of your home or business remotely. With an interactive application, you can control your security system and integrated devices while on the go. With just one application, you can easily control every part of your system from anywhere using just a few clicks!
How Smart Home Systems Work?
With smart home automation, a collection of different devices (lighting controls, heating, and air conditioning systems, electronic appliances, and entry points) are brought together on a shared network to carry out activities around the house without the need for human intervention.
Ideally, every electronic device or system in your home can potentially be connected, controlled, and monitored using a smartphone. This is called wireless home automation through the Internet of Things. IoT describes a system that uses a computer or mobile device to automatically control the functions and operations of certain appliances or devices via the Internet from anywhere! An internet connection is required for the system to function properly, usually in the form of a secure WiFi network.
Smart home technology and connected devices are not only connected to your cell phone but are now compatible with virtual assistants such as Amazon Echo and Google Home. With intelligent voice-controlled software, you can manage and monitor your household and all related devices without ever needing to lift a finger. For example, you can control the temperature indoors or the locks to your home by making your request heard to Amazon Echo, which will then connect to the device and do the work for you in the blink of an eye.
What are the Benefits of a Smart Home System?
As technology continues to progress, the range of benefits offered by a smart home system also continues to expand. Here are just a few benefits that can be enjoyed by adding a smart home system to your property:
- Savings – Smart thermostats and smart lighting functionality save energy and lower your electricity bill. Some devices even offer discounts.
- Security – Automation can also help improve the security of your home. Automatic lighting prevents break-ins and motion sensors can warn you if there is an attempt to enter the door late at night. Connected security cameras can help you monitor packages or unwanted visitors.
- Comfort – Because a smart home has a lot to offer you, you have more time for what you really want to be doing. Many smart gadgets communicate with each other and you can arrange sequences involving several devices to automate ordinary home processes. For example, you can set a smart key to turn on the smart light when you unlock the front door.
- Control – The Smart Home device gives you unprecedented control over every aspect of your home. You will always know what is happening on your property.
- Peace of mind – After all, many consumers invest in smart home technology to feel more comfortable in their day to day lives. Check your children and pets when they leave to make sure they are safe. Make sure the stove is lit, the garage door is open, or the door is locked without needing to spend extra time doubling back yourself.
Ask 360 Alarm in Grand Prairie, Texas for More
If you’re interested in the features and benefits of a smart home system, the first (and best) place to start is a conversation with an experienced security and installation professional. With years of experience helping residents and businesses throughout the DFW Metroplex, our team is always ready to work with you to find the perfect solutions to meet your needs. Don’t hesitate to contact us right away to schedule a consultation!